Iowa Youth Pastor Rapes Boys To ‘Cure’ Them Of Homosexuality, Won’t Spend One Day In Prison
By now, we’ve all undoubtedly heard of and been outraged by a Montana judge sentencing a former teacher to a mere 30 days in prison for raping one of his female students. But have you heard of the Iowa youth pastor who is walking free after confessing to raping boys to “cure” them of homosexuality?
Well, that’s precisely what happened in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Brent Girouex, 31, was arrested on 60 counts of suspicion of sexual exploitation by a counselor or therapist.
According to KRMG in Oklahoma, Girouex confessed to police that he had sex with at least four youths, but eight more have since come forward claiming that they were also violated by the now former pastor of Victory Fellowship Church.
Girouex told detectives that his actions were meant to “help with homosexual urges by praying while he had sexual contact with [them]” in order to keep them “sexually pure” for God. He then allegedly told police that “when they would ejaculate, they would be getting rid of the evil thoughts in their mind.”
Victims say Girouex took them to his own home to violate them. It’s the same home Girouex’s wife and four children resided in.
You would think Girouex’s crimes would send him to prison for the rest of his life. Outrageously, that’s not the case. The judge in the case sentenced Girouex to 17 years in prison last week, and then immediately suspended the sentence in favor of sex offender treatment and five years probation. All Girouex has to do is avoid violating his probation and he’ll NEVER spend a single minute in a prison cell.
The victims and their families are understandably outraged. After all, Girouex raped boys repeatedly. One would think a court would throw the book at him instead of setting him free upon the community. Even his wife, Erin Girouex, thinks he should be sent to prison and doesn’t want her children anywhere near him.
This “rape away the gay” idea is nothing new. Last year, a radio personality told a father that he should have one of his male friends rape his daughter until she turns straight. This pastor was at the very least using it as an excuse to justify his pedophilia. If the pastor really does believe that’s what he was doing, then it’s a prime example of how hatred leads to insanity. Either way, it’s disgusting, and the judicial system has once again failed to do its job to protect the community and give justice to the victims. This kind of “punishment” only encourages rapists and pedophiles. Because courts are not taking rape and pedophilia seriously, more women and children are likely to be violated because the consequences of committing such crimes are slim to none. It’s just another sign of the worsening rape culture that has been running rampant in America.
- Former youth pastor sentenced to probation in sex case (yumasun.com)
- Sexual Predator: Ex-pastor Brent Girouex had sex with boys ‘to help them with homosexual urges’ (sott.net)
- Iowa Pastor’s Peen Purity Ministry Thrills Stupid Atheists, Two Years Later (nationalreport.net)
- Ex-Pastor Brent Girouex Had Sex With Teenage Boys To “Cure” Them Of Homosexuality (queerty.com)
- Pastor had sex with teens to ‘cure’ their homosexuality (upi.com)
- Youth pastor arrested for having sex with teenage boys to cure them of their homosexuality [Fail] (fark.com)
- Parole Not Recommended For Former Youth Pastor Accused Of Abusing Underage Girls (charlotte.cbslocal.com)
- US: Pastor had sex with teen boys whilst praying ‘to help them gain ‘sexual purity’ in the eyes of God (pinknews.co.uk)