Morales made the remarks in his speech to the 68th UN General Assembly on Wednesday, AFP reported.
“I would like you to be aware that the United States harbors terrorists and the corrupt,” said Morales, adding, “They take refuge here, and the United States does not help in the fight against corruption.”
The socialist president called for the United Nations to leave New York City because of US “blackmail” and bullying.
“No guaranteed visas, no guaranteed overflights. We feel threatened, bullied and blackmailed over visas,” he said, adding that the United States “has never ratified treaties related to human rights.”
“We must seriously think about changing the headquarters of the United Nations,” said Morales.
The Bolivian president also told the annual UN leaders’ summit that he did not feel safe in the US because of spying and security concerns.
“How can we be safe at a meeting of the United Nations here in New York? Some do not believe in imperialism and capitalism and feel totally unsafe,” Morales said.
The UN headquarters has been in New York since the global body’s creation in 1945.
- Move the United Nations headquarters out of the United States, Bolivian president says (newsforage.com)
- Move UN out of US, Bolivian president says (patriotoftherepublic.wordpress.com)
- Bolivian president: Move U.N. out of U.S. (mobile.wnd.com)
- Morales says UN headquarters must move from “bully” US (insidecostarica.com)
- Morales urges lawsuit over Obama wars (rinf.com)
- Bolivian President U.s. Call Protect Terrorists (socyberty.com)
- “Move UN Out of US,” Bolivian President Evo Morales Says (syrianfreepress.wordpress.com)
- UN: Bolivian President Evo Morales Says The UN Should Be Moved Out Of US (newsrescue.com)
- Move UN out of US, Morales says (rinf.com)
- Bolivian president: Move U.N. out of U.S. (wnd.com)